Monday, May 01, 2006

What If I Fail?

The most crippling questions begin with "What if ...?" They can cripple as surely as any amputation. What ifs are nothing more than proclamations of fear and insecurity. They rob you of strength and make you incapable of moving foward or reaching toward a goal. They limit your future and rob you of opportunity and success.
There is an old saying that states, if you never fail, you have never tried. Failure cannot defeat you unless you choose to allow it to do so. Fear of failure will keep you from trying to succeed. The Bible says to put all your might into everyting you do(Ecclesiastes 9:10),but it never promises that you will excape failure. If you put all you have into every endeavor, you may experience resounding defeats, but you will also have the joy of overwhelming victories. You have to risk failure in order to know success.
Since failure is inevitable for those who refuse to be ruled by fear, it is importantt to handle failure productively. Don't let embarrassment or humiliation force you to keep failed attempts hidden. Reveal and examine them. Find out what they consist of and how they could have been avoided. Learn all you can from yesteday's failures and use this wisdom as a tool to fahion tomorrow's successes. Remember: Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.


So, this is in my teen bible...the one that kinda looks like a magazine
I have read this way more than once and I am inspired everytime.
I love what is says...Put all your might into everything you do. But it also says, failure is inevitable...
I love that

Don't give up

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger April said...

WOW!!! This was really inspiring, agreeing with Brittany. It really made me think about failure, and how one of my cousins has never lost anything except ONE time, on Saturday. She wins everything she does, and my family (extended) feel she should get more losing opportunities. Personally, I think she should too, but getting back to your blog, I think that really is preaching to the choir.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home