Wednesday, August 16, 2006

just a thought...

Okay, this is probably out of the blue, but here goes:

I was reading Song of Songs the other day as part of my daily reading and I realized how often people put their faith on the backburner and just "go with the flow". Maybe that doesn't relate to the mushy love theme of the King Solomon-written book, but that's what I got from it. I mean, if you read Song of Songs, how many times does it repeat: ' Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires ' (specific place you read that verse: Song of Songs 3:5)? Okay, so maybe the first part isn't necessarily very important, but what about the second? ' Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires '. Now, while there are good and healthy relationships out there that follow that line, some don't. I don't know, maybe it's just me. But it's hard to explain, that verse just gets to me. I don't know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home