Catholicism
Okay... I'm almost certain you guys know it, but if you don't, I'm Catholic. And I know you guys are cool with it, which I really appreciate, but I also know that there are people who aren't okay with it, and to be frank, they think I'm going to hell... unless I am 'brought to the light'. Sometimes when people ask me questions about my faith, I feel as though I've been put on the spot. This causes me to have trouble answering questions, and I get backed into corners I know I don't want to be in.
Anyway, I thought that I could really explain my faith and how I feel about my faith here, because, I don't know if you guys have ever been in a situation like me, but it really sucks.
So, anyway... if you have any questions, here's the place to ask.
I would also like to say, thank you, for being my soundboard. It's not often I get to talk about this kind of thing without feeling as though I'm against a brick wall and firing squad is aiming straight at me.
I know I haven't written much on the blog yet, but I know I can use it and will.
Thanks.
-Loren
3 Comments:
I'm sorry too. Personally, I think Catholicism and Christianity is along the same lines. I mean, the Roman Catholics started the first Christian church. So I'm sorry people act like that about you. But you're right, I'm cool with your faith. As long as you're not atheist, which you're not. LOL. Not that I hate atheists...but...you know...ok, getting off topic here...
Thanks for your comments, guys. I really appreciate them. (P.S. April... Caholicism is a form of Christianity, just not Protestantism. But, you're right! I've been to a few types of churches and Methodist Churches like Wesley United Methodist are kind of similar to my church.)
To add on... I think we all basically have the same beliefs... Jesus died to save us, God created Earth... all that jazz... we just have different customs and ways of expressing our faiths. (No "Amen, brother" or speaking tongues in my church. Catholic churches that aren't mostly Hispanic tend to be a bit quieter than Ridgecrest or James River. But, if you ever go to a church where the congregation is mostly Hispanic, you will hoot holler and dance!)
Post a Comment
<< Home